Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Some results of Sketchcrawl 24

Today I had the pleasure of participating in a DC Sketch Crawl with two very talented artists Joel & Diahn. We met up, and spent some time drawing at Dupont Circle, where we also ran into artist and teacher Chawky Frenn.
Lady at the Fountain
The fountain at Dupont Circle has three statues around it, one of which I drew. I'll certainly have to return to finish the other two eventually.

After some walking and wandering around the city, we soon made our way to Lafayette Park, which provided a nice view of the White House, crowds of tourists who seemed very interest in what we were all doing, and President Andrew Jackson.
President Jackson
Finally we made our way to the National Sculpture Garden on the Nat'l Mall. And here I made a sketch that really didn't come out well, so we are going to pretend it doesn't exist. I will have to refer you to Joel and Diahn's respective blogs if you are curious about that little part of DC, as they represent all locations extremely well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd say that drawing of Andrew Jackson more than makes up for any flubs you may have had elsewhere - really very nice!

It was a great day - I'm looking forward to the next one!